Recently, I’ve started to stop impulsively buying books because what inevitably ended up happening was that I would constantly order books that would just sit on my shelf for ages. Now, I have a rule where I don’t order new books until I’ve read the ones that I’ve recently purchased. This means that at any given moment, my Amazon/Barnes & Nobles carts are filled with book that are just waiting to be ordered. I thought it might be cool to show you guys that books that I’m planning to order soon. Some of them are pre-orders but others are ones that have recently caught my eye or that I was on the fence about ordering in the past.
Here’s what’s currently in my cart:
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert — This book, which is about a girl who gets sucked into a world of dark fairytales, sounds so creepy and enchanting. Also, that cover is absolutely everything!
- Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, #1) by Tamora Pierce — I honestly feel like I’ve been living under multiple rocks because I did not realize that Tamora Pierce has a new book coming out next year until it showed up in my “recommended for you” section of Amazon. Definitely super excited for this one to release.
- The Traitor’s Kiss (Traitor’s Trilogy, #1) by Erin Beaty — This book released a few weeks ago but I haven’t picked it up yet because of all the mixed reviews. I’m still on the fence about because it sounds like something I would like (cannot get enough of spy novels) but I know that a couple of my friends read this and were disappointed. I’m still curious about it though and may still order — if anything, at least I would get a book with a super pretty cover, haha.
4. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson — I first heard about this book from Alexa @Alexalovesbooks when I was at BEA/BookCon. It’s about an artist who paints for immortal clients and a prince who turns into a raven. I’ve heard that it’s gorgeously written and tells a wonderful fae story.
5. Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi — I never thought I’d live to see the day when a hijabi is on a book cover. The story sounds amazing (a girl who washes the bodies of the dead) but I’m honestly most excited by the fact that someone who looks like me is actually the main character of a major book release.
6. The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1) by Amy Harmon — This book has been popping up all over my Instagram lately. It’s about a girl who has been cursed to never speak again as her father attempts to claim the throne. It came out last year but in the past few weeks it has been getting a lot of buzz. I’m definitely super curious about it and hoping to read it soon.